Friday 14 October 2011

Corking

The Irish debut of "The Naughty List" will take place this November at the Corona Cork Film Festival, a fantastic looking event which goes from the 6th to the 13th. I don't quite get the connection between Corona and Irish filmmaking, especially as, to the best of my knowledge, it's a Mexican beer. But I'm not complaining, in fact in appreciation of their kindness in throwing my film in I have laid out my lucky Corona boxers for the 'morrow. You probably don't need photographic proof of that, but here you go anyway:A special edit of the film is presently viewable online as part of ShortsNonstop, an initiative of the CFC in the form of a web-based film contest. If you have the time and inclination please give it a watch and a vote once it's done (li'l voting balls will appear on the right after the vid plays to the end). You don't need to register and there are a bunch of other nice short films up too, including some nifty and well-made animation like this one.I probably shouldn't have waited this long to mention it as I think the voting ends in the next couple days, but it's great the have some Canuck exposure all the same. It'll hopefully be in my corner when I finally up sticks and get my ass back over there.

No comments: