On the guests front we also welcome the teams behind the Oscar-nominated films Soul (Pete Docter, Kemp Powers and Dana Murray) and If Anything Happens I Love You (Will McCormack and Michael Govier).
You can also check out a new panel from Tanya and Hodan's brilliant Visible in Visuals series. Following on from the first Women in Animation panel, this episode brings together animation professionals with over 50 years of experience between them, including some dear friends whose voices I hadn't quite realised how much I'd missed, discussing their experiences with inclusion, struggles women face in the workplace, and ideal working environments.
Some festival news in that The Gift, Laura-Beth Cowley's BBC Arts film on which I contributed some character animation and shouty bad language, is currently part of CineMagic's On The Pulse Online Short Film Festival until the end of the month. Festivalgoers can check it out as part of the screening programme Tales of the Unexpected.
Finally a quick reminder that this Thursday (March 25th) at 8pm you can catch the special Skwigly edition of Cardiff Animation Nights, curated by Laura-Beth and I. The full selection is as follows:
- Oh, Darling! (Dir. Cornelius Joksch, Germany)
- Betty (Dir. Will Anderson, UK)
- Bubble (Dir. Morgan Powell, UK)
- Mountain Heart (Dir. Uncle Ginger, UK)
- Just A Guy (Dir. Shoko Hara, Germany)
- The Edge (Dir. Zaide Kutay/Geraldine Cammisar, Switzerland)
- Nod. Wink. Horse. (Dir. Ollie McGee, UK)
- Peepin (Dir. Haein Kim/Paul Rhodes, Australia)