|I like my animation festivals like I like my women; COVERED IN BEES...|
Book Your Ideas Up at the HOME event space around 3:15pm Tuesday 15th I'll be part of a panel of fellow animation book scribes discussing our work. I'll also be signing copies of Independent Animation: Developing, Producing and Distributing Your Animated Films if that's a remotely appealing prospect, plus I'll have some with me if you're on the fence about buying a copy but might be swayed upon seeing one all up close and shiny-like.
Skwigly Screening showcasing some of the best films I've come across in the past year or so, again in the event space at 3:15pm. The full playlist is as follows (the film titles in bold link to recent interviews with the filmmakers):
- Tiny Encounters (Dani Abram/Lauren Orme/Michael Ostrolenk/Chris Wright, UK, 2016)
- Love (Dir. Réka Bucsi, France/Hungary, 2016)
- Parrot Away (Dir. Mads Weidner, Denmark, 2015)
- Feathers (Dir. Hands On Deck, Canada, 2016)
- Le Clitoris (Dir. Lori Malépart-Traversy, Canada, 2016)
- Analysis Paralysis (Dir. Anete Melece, Switzerland, 2016)
- Eat Up (Dir. Pretend Parent, UK, 2016)
- Player 2 (Dir. Charlie Miller/Harry Slinger-Thompson, UK, 2016)
- James: Dear John (Dir. Péter Vácz, UK/Hungary, 2016)
- Final Call (Dir. Sara Barbas, Portugal/UK/Denmark, 2016)
- Wednesday With Goddard (Dir. Nicolas Ménard, UK, 2016)
live podcast. Come by the Event Space (we love that space, it's just so...event-y) at 11am to watch it all unravel in person - or, if you can't make it, stream it via our Facebook page. Of course you can check out the full range of nifty MAF events via the festival website, so if you can't stomach the sight of me there's plenty of other stuff to do. Personal recommendations would include a rare UK screening of the beautiful My Life as a Courgette, a Chris Shepherd masterclass and retrospective, not to mention Joanna Quinn's lifedrawing class (kicking myself that I'll be missing that one). Hope to see some of you there!
*Not what we're called.