Sunday 9 July 2017

Another Manic Mundi

https://www.animamundi.com.br/en/
I was very happy to learn recently that some work of mine will be playing at Anima Mundi this month. For whatever reason this year's edition is taking place just nine months after 2016's in which Klementhro played. While my next film remains on hold for the duration of my current contract (I literally have to leave the country every day to go to work, so personal film time just isn't on the cards), the festival will be including an episode of Lendas Animadas, the Brazilian TV series I was working on last year, Art-Directed by my pal Adriana Meirelles.
The particular episode featured is one I was lead animator on titled Como Surgiram as Estrelas (How the Stars Were Created) and will play in the screening Children's Shorts 2. I'm not sure when it will actually be broadcast but getting to be part of Anima Mundi again is grand news indeed as they've always been pretty good to me. As usual the festival has two sets of screenings in Rio de Janeiro and  São Paulo, the times/dates for our screening are as follows:
Rio de Janeiro
  • 15/07/2017 - Cine Odeon, Centro Cultural Luiz Severiano Ribeiro - 2pm
  • 20/07/2017 - Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil CCBB/RJ - 3pm
  • 22/07/2017 - Centro Cultural dos Correios - 1:30pm
  • 23/07/2017 - Cine Odeon, Centro Cultural Luiz Severiano Ribeiro - 11am
  • 27/07/2017 - Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil CCBB/RJ - 3pm
São Paulo
  • 26/07/2017 - Caixa Belas Artes - 3pm
  • 29/07/2017 - Centro Cultural São Paulo - 2:30pm
  • 30/07/2017 - Centro Cultural São Paulo - 1pm
If anyone's able to make it to the fest it's looking like a great edition overall, with other selected work including Chintis Lundgren's Manivald, Rune Spaans's The Absence of Eddy Table, Eva Cvijanović's Hedgehog's Home, Ann Marie Fleming's Window Horses, Diane Obomsawin's I Like Girls, Jennifer Zheng's Tough and Sean Buckelew's Lovestreams.
Happy Brazil times!

No comments: